Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Musings of Parent Who Still Believes in Magic

I think what struck me was the way he said, "It would have worked.  The pirate [a puppet] would have been born with wings and a real hand instead of a hook."  So there was something else going on in his head, too.... 

I think my problem is that as a Neo-Pagan, on one level I do believe in something called magic (but it doesn't work the way it does in the cartoon), and last night wasn't the time to articulate that ... 

And also, the scene reminded me of this one gonzo play where one of the characters is relating how, as a child, she went to a play of Peter Pan where, despite the titanic efforts of the audience to clap like mad, Tinkerbell dies and Peter Pan accuses them all of not trying hard enough.

Ah, the trials of a theatre major disguised as a physics major as a psych major disguised as a computer guy disguised as a stay-at-home dad. 

No comments: