Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oh, Barracuda!

Scene: The Living Room. We enter a discussion of the proper use of harpoons already in progress...

M: "...You can study live fish... Once I went scuba diving and I went down and looked at the fish and they looked back at me. And I saw a barracuda."

J: "I thought barracuda were mean."

M: "Oh, I was looking at the barracuda and it was looking at me (makes mean calculating face) and it was thinking, 'If you were a little smaller....'

J: (Plays air-guitar and sings a riff) "Ooooh, Won't you, barracuda!" (Continues a one-man air-band show)

A: "Ugh. (rolls eyes) You're being silly."

J: "No; it's a song by Heart. I'm having fun." (exits to bedroom)

A: (From living room) "There's no such thing as a heart song about barracudas."

M: (Bringing A into bedroom) "A, you're being rude to J, because there really is a song." (Fires up computer) "And this sort of thing is what the internet is good for." (Goes to YouTube)



M: (As a caption comes on and reads "Heart / Barracuda") "So A, I want you to turn to J and say, 'I'm sorry. You were right, J. I learned something today.'"

A: (grunts) "This music is too loud."

No comments: