Saturday, June 28, 2008

Pirate Bird

A says this painting is a bird, "Cock-a-doodle-doo!"  He also says "it looks like a pirate to me... he has a board and he's doing this [makes a face and says "Aarrrgh!"]

I *think* the board A is talking about is the picture itself.  

Further attempts to elicit a response by asking, "What would you like Grandma M to know about this painting?" garnered the reply, "I'd like her to tape it up to her refrigerator like a poster...  I'm going to roll it up and put a rubber-band on it so the picture can be nice and fresh."

A started out painting the lower portion of the painting with the arcs (which look like yellow bird feet to me) with the announcement that he was painting a pirate boat, and a request for me to make a pirate boat for him.    This was followed by the [fairly typical question] "How do the guys in Bahia (A's name for a short from the Disney collection "Saludos Amigos") go like this?" followed by aggressive applications of paint (probably in the hope that his paint and brush will be like the magic paintbrush in the cartoon which creates tropical flora and fauna with a few flicks).  

No comments: