Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Space Chimps!

We tried an experiment.  We went to a G-rated movie.  All three of us.  It was A's first visit to a theatre to watch a movie.

It failed about the time the villain alien started dipping other aliens into a pool of some fictitious liquid-oxygen-like fluid to freeze them.  (In other words, about five minutes into the movie.)

A said he wanted to leave, so M took him out.  A said he'd try again; but then the movie got a little intense again.  (They were behind me, but I'd guess it was seven minutes into the movie.)

Oh well.  M let me stay and watch.  It was a silly movie, which was why I wanted to see it (I mean, really, what can one expect from a movie titled "Space Chimps?")  Luckily, we saw it at the dollar theatre, so it was a cheap(ish) experiment.

PS:  Skip the movie trailers for "Journey to the Center of the Earth."  At least A didn't have to see the previews for "Death Race."

No comments: